Thursday, November 03, 2016

Songbook Published
More on the Way

I'm please to report (late as usual) that although I have been ignoring the blog posts, my keyboard has not been idle. Prolific composer Kevin Pace has been pumping out the tunes and I have been cranking out the lyrics. We have compiled all but the most recent 25 or so hymns into a book called The Sacred Songbook - Over 100 Original Hymns for SATB Voices. The book is available on Amazon and at Day Murray Music (4916 State St, Murray, UT).

It is about two years of work putting these together. So much fun to see it published. I really am less interested in the sales of the book than the prospect of some choir actually singing at least some of the songs in the book. My own ward choir has taken on a few of them over the past year or so, and one one was sung at a college convocation (Drink From the River - page 26), so that's a start.

In the mean time, we have a few more that we have since written. I'll try to post the best of them when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment